TCO Agromart Finalist Wins 2022-2023 Sollio Next Generation Award
TCO Agromart is so proud to have had two customers represented as finalists in the 2022-2023 Sollio Next Generation Award in the Farm Succession Category! The Sollio Next Generation Award is a showcase for families and entrepreneurs that have successfully handed over a farm or started an agricultural or agri-food enterprise while ensuring the sustainability of the enterprise and equity for all involved. This year was the first year for the contest in Ontario and we are proud to have had two finalists from TCO Agromart- Chadwick Farms (right image), and Hakkesteegt’s Poultry Farm (left image). Both families have successfully made the transition from one generation to the next. The winner of the award was announced on February 23rd in Quebec City during Sollio Cooperative Group’s annual general meeting and Gala event where Hakkesteegt’s Poultry Farm were declared the winner.
We would like to congratulate both finalists from TCO Agromart for the time and effort they put into the contest. Full Story: https://t.co/PnMeBoA4aJ
Conditions for entering the Sollio Next Generation Contest:
- Be a member of an Agromart Retailer
- Be recommended by an Agromart Retailer
- Be less than 40 years old in the year of participation
- Farm Succession Category: Own a minimum of 5% of the shares of the farm, for a maximum for 10 years before participating in the contest.
- New Farm Enterprise Category: Be established for less than 10 years.
Register now for the 2023-2024 Sollio Next Generation Award by May 1st, 2023!
Register on Sollio’s Website: https://sollio.coop/en/SollioNextGenAward/AgromartComponent